I’ll start the list with a few bits o’ wisdom, beginning with my number one rule. Please add more to the list by posting a comment. And don’t be greedy, folks. You know that the more you give, the more you receive.
1. Never rely on spell-chick (its bin known two make sum misteaks).
2. Never follow an editor into a restroom stall.
3. Never write your initials + editor’s initials on the outside of your envelope, such as, TP + LF = ♥
4. Never expect to seal a deal with your witty repartee. Speaking face to face with an editor or agent has been known to cause writers to spontaneously grow a second tongue and subsequently choke on it.
5. Never begin your query letter with:
If you love Dr. Seuss, you’re going to love this even more!
Okay, folks. Come on, now. What bits o’ advice would you like to share?